In addition to my own content, I’ve worked with the following amazing companies to create content on analytics and data engineering:
- 🧂 Shaking up the “T” in “ELT”
- 🤖 Automating Data Transformation: A report I ghost-authored on the current state of the modern data stack, with a focus on data transformation. This was a collaboration with O’Reilly Media.
- 🥳 Data Fundamentals: An article arguing for a focus on the fundamentals of data analysis rather than the hype of generative AI.
- 📊 One Chart Forward, Two Queries Back: I had a blast working with the Hex team to discuss analytics workflows. I’m pretty opinionated about the data developer experience and I feel strongly that a focus on process can yield huge gains in analytics productivity.
- 🥾 Hex at AllTrails: One of my favorite pieces— I wrote about the data culture at AllTrails and how we used Hex to improve our analytics workflows.
I appeared on Captain’s Compass #10 to talk a bit about data orchestration:
In my role as a DevRel at Mage, I’ve created a ton of resources and worked to overhaul our docs: here’s a before and after.
- Magic Devcontainer: a self-contained Mage demo, leveraging VSCode devcontainers to demo an end-to-end Mage pipeline.
I’ve worked with the team at Zuar to publish a number of technical blog posts:
- What is Modern Data Architecture
- Data Ingestion: Types, Pipelines, Tools, & More
- What is Google Bigtable?
- What is Data Extraction?
- What are dbt Sources?
- The Complete Guide to Data Staging
- Data Transformation: Types, Process, Benefits & Definition
- Data Integration Patterns Explained
- Reverse ETL vs. ETL vs. ELT
- What is Google Cloud Composer?
- Amazon Redshift
DATEDIFFFunction Cheat Sheet
- Exploring the Data Value Chain
- What is Google BigQuery?
- What is Google Cloud Dataflow?
- BigQuery Cheat Sheet
- How to Load Data From an Amazon S3 Bucket to Redshift
- Amazon Redshift Cheat Sheet